Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, November 15, 2013

Sesame Crusted Salmon


This is a super-simple recipe, fast enough for a weeknight but upscale enough for guests. I thank my coworker and friend, LaeLoni, for sharing her dad's method for cooking fish, and my dad for supplying our trout. (I've added my tips, too.)

This may not be the most Fall-ish recipe, but we grill year-round. Brave the cold to try it & you'll save washing a pan!

Marinate your fish in soy sauce for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator. (I put 4-6 thawed salmon steaks in a gallon-size Ziplock with about 1 cup of soy sauce.)

Get your grill hot. In a breading dish (or shallow bowl), mix grated Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds in a 1:1 ratio. (Use about 1/2 to 1 full cup of each.)
 

Lay out a sheet or two of tin foil and spray non-stick cooking spray (Pam) on the foil. Using a fork, remove each fish fillet from the soy sauce, coat both sides in the cheese/sesame seed mixture, then place on foil. I put 2-3 fillets on each sheet of foil, then slide a cutting board underneath to transport to the grill.

Grill on med-high heat for 8-10 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your fish. You can check for doneness using a meat thermometer or checking if the fish flakes with a fork. Enjoy!

*I make this with thick, skinless salmon fillets - marinate about 1 hour, and cook about 15-18 minutes total time (we like our fish a little crispy). It also works great with large trout fillets, with skin on one side - I just skip the marinade step and brush some soy sauce on top, sprinkle the cheese/sesame seed mixture on the no-skin side and don't turn it over while grilling.


Mangia! (Eat!) . . . Cindy Lou Who

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really need to make this. I love salmon but my husband would rather not have any fish in the house. so, that means I need to make it with my family or when he is not home for at least a few days ;).

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information