Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

This month's Author Spotlight- Michelle E.



Michelle E.
Georgia

Saltbox Author Since 2009

Read Her Bio Click Here

Favorite Foods:
One favorite food? Hmmm… I don’t think I can pick just one. I really love seasonal foods. I love turkey with sausage and red cabbage and everything that goes with it at Thanksgiving. I love wassail when it starts to get cold outside. I love my mom’s and grandma’s au gratin potatoes, homemade jam and homemade cinnamon rolls at Christmas-time. Ice cream and slush are my summer favorites. I can’t pick. Maybe I just love all food. Oh wait – unless chocolate counts.
  
Favorite Restaurant(s):
I’m easy to please when it comes to restaurants. I’m just thrilled that someone else is going to do my dishes. J I love CafĂ© Rio, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Porcupine Grill (in Salt Lake City) and the weird Japanese place just down the street from me. Some I love for the food and others for sentimental reasons.

Inspiration to Cook:
I love to cook. (Just wish I had a magic button to clean up after.) Cooking for other people and cooking for special occasions gets me most excited, but I really do like cooking just for the sake of cooking. (I guess eating inspires me too – I really like to eat yummy food).

Feelings about New Foods:
I love trying new recipes. I’m always on the lookout for something new. I have a few rotating dinners that I cook all the time, but I love to branch out and try new things – especially unique or foreign things. We buy baskets of fruit and veggies from Bountiful Baskets and that keeps things interesting. I get a basket of new stuff on Saturday and have to figure out what to do with it all so we don’t waste any. It’s been a fun and exciting challenge! We’ve even gotten fruits and veggies that we’ve never seen before. My kids love it!

At the Table:
I love to entertain! I love cooking for friends and making special dinners for my husband and me. It makes me feel good and I get a chance to branch out and try new things. (Yes, I do sometimes try new recipes on friends…) I also love cooking with friends! I love learning from the way other people do things!
 
Here at Saltbox House Cooking Exchange, we have been inspired by Michelle and chose her to be our featured author for the month of November. Ever since we've known Michelle, she has been a delight to have as both a friend and a culinary comrade. She has been a great addition to our blog in many aspects and we feel honored to have her on here with us. Thank you Michelle!
To view Michelle's current posts see link list below:
 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information