Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Mom's Pecan Pie


We love pecan pie around here. Pec (ah) n or pec (short a) n - however you want to say it. It's just plain old good! This is my dad's birthday request every year (for the last 31 years that I know of) and we make it for Thanksgiving and for any other festive occasion we can think of. This is the time of year for me that I always wish I were home with family. We live as far as we ever have from everyone this year and are spending the Christmas season with just our little family (and lots of wonderful friends). I'm coping with the no family party sadness by baking lots of yummy stuff that reminds me of home and family. This is THE pie! (and it's "easy peasy" - my 6 year old's newest coined phrase.)

(I cheated and used a purchased pie crust...)

1 c sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c corn syrup (light or dark)
1/4 c melted butter
1 cup pecan halves

Mix the above ingredients in a mixing bowl until blended. Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake in 400* preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 350* and cover pie crust edges with foil. Bake an additional 30-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean-ish. It can have pieces stuck to it, just not be goopy. Let it cool a bit and then eat it up!

Did I mention I LOVE this pie? YUM!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks divine! Perfect treat for the winter blues. Thanks for sharing.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information