Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Oatmeal is the new BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS!


This is our new favorite breakfast. I can not keep this family in cold cereal. We eat TOO much of it! I do, however, always have these ingredients on hand. I guess this is not really a recipe, just a fun breakfast idea. We make plain oatmeal (usually in the microwave) then let everyone add their favorite toppings: nuts, raisins, craisins, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla sugar, honey, sprinkles, jelly beans... we've probably tried it all. This is the new favorite combo: Oatmeal (of course), chopped apples, chopped pecans & maple syrup. I have never before thought of adding maple syrup to oatmeal until we saw a friend do it. It has changed life around here. My kids will eat anything with syrup (or sprinkles). :) Enjoy!



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite breakfasts. I just love creating a good old fashioned breakfast.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information