Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Addition to this Blog


Hello, my name is Gloria. I am Madeline's mother. I've been meanig to post this for some time but, as life has it, things get busy. I do like to cook and have made homemade meals for my family since I've been married. I homeschooled my three littlest girls (Madeline included) and we would have cooking classes so I could teach them how to make bread, can foods, and show them some other great things about food. I think that they learned a lot as they enjoy cooking so much. Food plays a huge role in our family ecspecially since two of my children have been diagnosed with Cilacs Diease (my daughter at the age of 2 and son at the age of 33). It has been a challenge but, we have mangaed to make it a part of our lives. Recipes and experimenting with new recipes is a must. The fact is, we love to eat food, cook food, and even talk about it. I look forward to the holidays when the kitchen will be full of all my children and grandchildren again. It is one the greatest feelings during this time of year and a little overwhelming at that.

A little about myself, I live in Idaho with my husband and we are enjoying our life together. We like skiing, golfing, and traveling but most of all, spending time with our family. As far as food goes, I think that looks can be deceiving (food should taste as good as it looks). If it tastes good, that's what it's all about. There really isn't room for being picky when your hungry.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome Gloria. Madeline I didn't know you were homeschooled, I was too :). That's funny because you don't really run into many people our age who were. I love it! And Gloria your pumpkin bread looks so tasty, we love pumpkin bread around here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Madeline's mom, you might enjoy my friend's gluten-free cooking blog. Merry Christmas! Jerry

http://gf-gastrognome.blogspot.com/

Heileson Family said...

I look forward to the food and family around eating it. I love the atmosphere in the kitchen especially yours. So Enoch was actually 33 when he was diagnosed. It has been over 3 years since he was. He's getting old now remember :) Soon you'll have 40 year old. Pretty crazy how time flies.

Gloria said...

Thank you Jerry. I look forward to all thos resources. Thanks Angelene, I changed it. It just doesn't seem like it has been that long and at the same time it feels like it has.

Unknown said...

It's about time mom. I'm glad your here though. I know you are always so busy. I can't wait to see what you put on here.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information