Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May's Author of the Month: Alison L.

Alison L.
Texas

Saltbox House Author since 2009

Read Her Bio (Click Here)

Favorite Restaurant(s):
We don't go out to eat much, but my favorite restaurant in Utah was Bajio Grill. It served the same type of food as Cafe Rio but I like their tortillas better and never stood in a long line<-- major bonus points there. I haven't found a new favorite place yet here in Texas.

Favorite Foods: 
I would say my favorite food is anything I didn't cook. Isn't that awful? While I enjoy recipes and making new foods, the ultimate tasting experience is trying something fabulous that I didn't prepare and, best of all, something I won't have to clean up! But to be specific, I like home-style food. Breads (I know, carbs!), yummy potatoes (carbs!), and pasta (carbs, again!) dominate my recipe box. I am not a sweet tooth and rarely makes desserts.

Inspiration to Cook:With young kids, we are kind of hampered by their undeveloped tastes. I get tired of the same old thing and so I take two approaches 1. having the same old things be fast and easy or 2. trying new dishes that are familiar but different enough to be a little exciting to the grown ups in this house.

Feelings about New Foods:I love, love, love to collect new recipes. Even if the new recipe is for something I regularly cook. Just a little change makes the familiar a lot more fun.

At the Table:I don't really enjoy cooking for others, but that is due to insecurity. I have known so many wonderful cooks (my mother being the best) that I'm a little shy about sharing my skills. Which is probably why I don't post here enough.

Here at Saltbox House Cooking Exchange, we have been inspired by Alison and chose her as May's author of the month because of her hard work as a mother and creative blog designer. She has been our technical support for Saltbox House since the beginning of our expansion and has helped make this blog what it is today! In recognition of Mother's Day this month, we believe that cooking can be a big demand in your household, but we should explore and discover all that food can offer at the family table. To view all of Alison L.'s current posts such as delicious recipes, cooking creations, and other food topics see link list below:











*Most Popular Post
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us spotlight you. You have been such a great help with the blog and sharing your wonderful recipes. Keep up the good work!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information