Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Healthy Chewy Rich Brownies


Photo by Madeline L.

I've been on a health kick for months now and these are my little reward that I like to bite into now and then. I fact, I keep them in the freezer after making them and take out one piece when I just want some chocolate without the guilt. These are so healthy, that I don't even think about them as a dessert, but more of a snack because they have a lot of ingredients that a power bar would have (good for breakfast too). I recommend trying them out and see what you think for yourself. Gluten-free are great too (see below).

Rich and Chewy Brownies
from Food Lovers

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup Evaporated Cane Juice
1 cup 100% Whole Wheat Flour (you can use rice flour for a gluten-free version)
1/2 cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Heaping Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
2 Tablespoons 60% Cocoa Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Walnut Pieces

Wet Ingredients:
2 Eggs Whites
1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Tablespoons Original Soy Milk (Silk brand is great)
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 1 Tablespoon of walnuts and chocolate chips for the topping. Mix remaining dry ingredients together. Try to mix until lumps are gone. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix well to prevent lumps. Pour mixture into a sprayed 8x8 baking pan. Top with walnuts and chocolate chips. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I kept sneaking into the freezer to grab some when I was home last. I couldn't get enough. I think they taste better than an energy bar actually.

Rachel Leigh said...

WOW! That looks delectible! This Blog is amazing! I cant believe its so updated and themed. How fun!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information