Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Crab Burgers (Open faced)


Photo by Madeline L.

This recipe takes me back to when I went to an all girl's party up at a cabin when I was younger. I remember having such a great time, but what I really remembered was the crab burgers my friend's mother made us with a side of potato chips. In fact, I can still see her taking them out of the broiler. Since that time in the cabin, I took this recipe with me to my mother who continued to make them for me and my sisters. After a time, when I got married and had children, I wasn't sure if my memory of the recipe was quite right. Now, that I have discovered Facebook, I was able to get into contact with my long lost friend Marianne and requested the recipe for this delicious memory so to speak. So, thank you Marianne, and to everyone who enjoys a good crab burger, this ones for you!

Marianne Stone's Original Crab Burger Recipe-
Ingredients:
8oz. Dungenous Crab 
1 can Tomato Soup undiluted
1/2 finely chopped Walla Walla Sweet onion
2 heaping Teaspoons of Best Foods Mayo 
8 oz. sharp Cheddar Cheese grated


Directions:
Mix together, spread on half of a hamburger bun, broil on low in the oven until bubbly.


My version of Crab Burgers-

Makes 6 sandwiches
1 (6-ounce) can of lump crab meat, drain well
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup onion (green or sweet)

Mix all ingredients together. Spoon onto an open hamburger bun. Sprinkle some cheese on top. Turn on oven to Broil. Place open face buns onto baking sheet. Broil with oven door partly open and cook until cheese is melted and buns have browned around the edges.
Serve open face with chips, fruit or vegetable.
Additional Notes:
The best kind of crab is fresh cooked from the legs.
You can use canned pink or white crab meat as a substitute for the lump crab meat also.
Use English muffins as a substitute for hamburger buns.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These were so delicious on New Years. My picture doesn't do them justice. Thanks for sharing mom!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information