Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, August 6, 2011

August's Author of the Month- Abby L.

Abby L.


Idaho

Saltbox House Author since 2009

Read Her Bio Click Here





Favorite Restaurant(s): My favorite restaurant is a total guilty pleasure... Big Judd's in Archer, Idaho. Home of the 1lb burger. I have to eat there EVERY time I go home! Love it.

Favorite Foods: Pasta is probably my favorite food and pumpkin pie will always be my TOP dessert! I can never get enough.

Inspiration to Cook: I love to BAKE. My husband, Seth, is a great cook and I think I hold my own pretty well but baking is where it's at for me. Usually if I see a picture of something yummy then I want to make it. Pretty simple! And I love sharing new foods or my best recipes with neighbors and friends so that I don't have to eat it all myself.

Feelings about New Foods: I really love to try new things to a degree. For some reason I have a "slight" seafood phobia. I don't know why but I think I need someone to show me how to cook it well. I will try cooking almost anything new if it's a yummy dessert! :)

At the Table: I like to cook for others but I usually keep it in the family. Unless, like I said before, I bake something yummy and there is a huge pan I pass it around to my friends and neighbors. I love to share recipes and trade with other people. Up here in Sandpoint I have a great group of friends that love cooking like I do and we are constantly trading our best stuff with each other. I would also like to add that about a year ago my sister put together a cookbook of favorite recipes of all my aunts, uncles and cousins. When we get together for family outings it is ALL about the food and we love sharing that with each other. The cookbook is one of my most cherished possessions!

Here at Saltbox House, we have been inspired by Abby and chose her as August's author of the month because of her fun and creative posts. She has been a Saltbox House author since the beginning of our expansion and with her witty posts, she brings more to this blog than delicious recipes; she makes them entertaining to read. Her recipes help us all share her enthusiasm for cooking as well as her creativity. As summer comes to its end, we believe that family fun should never stop and cooking can be a fun way to spend time with your family. Let the creativity begin! To view all of Abby L.'s current posts such as delicious bake goods, cooking creations, and other food topics see her link list below:

Homemade Oreo Cookies 
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Georgia Collins said...

I just love reading your posts! They just put a big smile on my face which makes me want to make your recipes even more!

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us spotlight you! It has been so much fun having you on here.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information