Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, April 9, 2011

April's Author of the Month

Amanda D.
New Mexico

Saltbox Author Since 2009

Read Her Bio
Click Here





Favorite Foods:

My all time favorite food is Popcorn cooked on the stove not the microwave!

My favorite thing to eat (right now it often changes): Brown Rice, Smoked Salmon, wilted down kale all wrapped up in seaweed (so basically a sushi burrito) with soy sauce and wasabi of course.

Inspiration to Cook:

I love cooking always have and hope I always will. I don't ever feel like not cooking, though sometimes I don't always feel like cleaning up the mess. One of the best ways to spend time with friends and family is to cook a meal together. My kids help in the kitchen all the time and I truly feel if they join in the fun of meal preparation they are more likely and eager to eat what they have cooked. In this fast paced convenience food society I want to instill the value to homemade meals and sitting down together in my children.

Feelings about New Foods:

I love trying new foods. Though I am also a bit picky about what I will put into my body. There is so much information out there these days and movies like Food Inc. make me really think twice about the foods I buy and what I feed my family. As much as possible I buy organic and locally grown food.

At the Table:

Cooking for others is an absolute passion. We love having friends for dinner and I love helping a friend in need by taking them a home cooked meal.

Here at Saltbox House Cooking Exchange, we have been inspired by Amanda and chose her as April's author of the month because of her creativity with cooking and her desire to use organic and locally grown foods in the meals she makes. In recognition of Earth Day this month, we believe that cooking nutritious foods should come as close to the garden as possible and we encourage everyone to make good choices in the foods they eat and make their families this month. To view all of Amanda's current posts such as delicious recipes, cooking creations, and other food topics see link list below:



















Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting us spotlight you Amanda! You have so many wonderful recipes that I just love!

Amanda said...

What an honor Madeline. Thank you for asking me to be apart of this wonderful blog. I dearly LOVE all of the recipes posted on here. Such a wonderful resource.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information