Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May's Author of the Month- Gloria H.


Gloria H.
Idaho
Saltbox House author since 2009

Click Here to Read Her Bio










Favorite Foods:
I don't have a favorite food, but I do like chicken in all different varieties. It can taste delicious when nothing else does. I also like a good tasting shrimp. It has to be a good variety though. I love a good baked potato with sour cream and good string beans. I guess anything can be good (since I seem to say that), but these items top my list.

Favorite Restaurant(s):
I like several, but no one is my favorite. I like Cheesecake factory because it's menu has such a variety. Very few restaurants awe me. 

Inspiration to Cook:
Trying something new that looks and taste delicious. Usually the pictures says it all but I found that does not mean it tastes as good as it looks. I like experimenting, and I think cooking brings out the creativity in yourself.

Feelings about Food:
I always like to try new things!

At the Table:
I like cooking for others if I have the stamina to do so. I do not like to entertain as much though, my family is my main concern and I enjoy cooking for them so they have a balanced meal and a variety.

Here at Saltbox House, we have been inspired by Gloria's recipes and enthusiasm for trying new things and chose her for this month's author of the month not only because she is a wonderful addition to this blog, she has inspired the creator of this blog, Madeline L., since Madeline was a child. May celebrates motherhood and Saltbox House would like to acknowledge, a very special mother and the dedication she has made to her family when is comes to dinnertime. To view all of Gloria's current posts such as delicious recipes, cooking creations, and other food topics see link list below:
Carrot Cake with Caramel Sauce *Most famous post!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us spotlight you mom! Thanks to you I love to can, bake, and garden.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information